Sacramento Bee – 1 hour ago
HUTCHINSON, Kan. — Kansas, Colorado and New Mexico transportation officials say the states don’t have funding to save Amtrak’s Southwest Chief route through the three states.
Let’s see: If Amtrak is part of the high speed rail program; and the current dude in the Whitehouse wants high speed rail, then the money has to come from Feds. But the Feds are concerned with the BIGGER unions and green (yeah, I know, dollars are green, and they grow. Not sure if it is on trees or bushes) energy.
At the same time, trains are more efficient than green energy, but burn petro products, which dra-mama doesn’t like, which is why he gave money to car makers, waited a couple years and changed gas burn requirements (which will impact any administrator behind him). Of course, the new mandates will hike the price of cars, reduce the function ability of the unit.
All this is simple. Simple.
• Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)
• Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)
• Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)
• Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)
• Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)
• Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)
• State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)
• Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)
• Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)
• San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)
• Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)
• Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)
Are some of the investors into Bain – Romney’s investment company. The whole article is here:
The village clean-up went well. I think. But the village looks okay for influx of ex-patriots, and their kids.
I finished the mowing I was planning this morning. It is not the last time for the year, however. Usually grass cutting goes on into November. More’s the pity.
I was reminded yesterday, just how childish drugs make individuals. The blonde lady from the Trucking concern mows the grasses around the yard. She lives half a mile away. Yesterday she brought the mower to the shop and was driving it home when she ran out of gas in front of my place.
Now: One; gas up before working machinery. Two; the Trucking concern has a gas tank in the yard. They use it for their POVs *writing off” the expense to the business.
So, looking out the kitchen window I see the blonde pushing this large mower down the road. She’d push a bit, run up and change the steering some, push a bit more. Getting tired of pushing she’d stand up and look about, then spin around, walk across the bar ditch and lean over the barb wire fencing and then go back to push a bit more.
I went out and cranked up the tractor and motored over to the woman: Before I could say zip, she says: “I’m just out of gas and my sister is bringing some.”
I nod and turn the tractor around. To do that I had to pass her because she had stopped on the bridge. As I passed I glanced at ther and she’s standing there with her hands, back to back, straight down by her pelvis, left knee cocked in front of her right, shouting at the ground in my direction: “My sister is bringing gas.”
When I turned into my drive I looked back and the woman is slowly twisting on her heel, hands still back to back, arms thrust over head.
I’m not sure is what she might be saying. She’s 42.
From the reaches,