- Traveled more this week than usual. Accomplished less.
- Great Christmas. Hope all had an equally fine one.
- Lost some at the poker tables. Neither too much, nor too little, considering.
- Was able to give a break and helping hand here and there.
- Received compliments for several things from un-expected sources. How ever many months after the act.
- Discovered I didn’t know how to receive compliments with grace.
- Missed my silly little irons pitch because of two inches of snow. Liked the snow.
- Found Sir Waffles, here, latest post (today’s) was mis-titled. It should have been “Dream A Little Dream“. But that is just me and my out of date taste in music.
- Didn’t pay attention to the clock and washed out of Kat’s Martini tournament.
- Gave the dog a knuckle bone for Christmas – one with lots of uncooked meat and gristle hanging from it. For which I’m regretful. He’s been carrying it around, whinning and fretting myself sick. I took it from him and put it in the fridge. He sat in the kitchen for three hours, until I gave it back.
- Bought three pizzas from Popular Pizza down south and popped them in the freezer for weekend football. That is a New York style pizza made by real New York pizza makers, transplanted to this here fine state.
- Listened to a fellow that use to drink heavily tell a sweet young thing a “can you top this story”, attempting to top hers, about getting a hat and signature from someone (neither she, from her reaction, nor I had heard of) unknown. However, the story involved going from a bar to a whore house (The Ranch) and back to the bar. It was at the bar he showed his signed hat around and received another, signed to be sure, from the bar.
- The fellow didn’t remember who had signed the hats, but swore he remembers where they are and he would tell her.
- On the other hand, I don’t know many business ladies. Ah, anymore.
- The Sweet Young Thing was; very sweet and young. She probably didn’t know any business ladies at all.
- Housekeeper pointed out that I should read the labels on my under armour. I had wondered why they didn’t fit the same as I had purchased them larger than necessary and didn’t really think I had gained all that much weight. Damn dryers.
- I’m not a dirty old man.
- I may be one or the other (in some eyes) but not both. At the same time.
- The new name for myself is Lincoln. I found a telephone book at the post office and drove forty odd miles to give it to someone that asked it of me. I received no thanks for the act.
- The receiver was not at home. I suppose that is some excuse.
- I hope their dogs don’t chew it up. Not to distraction, of course.
- I have no New Years resolutions. I’m a prissy wuss. I don’t want to disappoint myself.
- If you drink and drive this weekend, pick any two lines to stay between. Better yet, do none of the three. Well, two out of three is okay. Heh!
- Remember a non-drinking fellow giving away that advice. The drinkers took up the challenge and eventually got the guy to drink to excess. Every day.
- Here’s to your New Year.
From the reaches,